Our pulmonary rehab specializes in caring for patients with lung disease such as:
COPD, Emphysema, Chronic Bronchitis, IPF, CF, Sarcoidosis, Pulmonary Hypertension
As well as before and after lung transplant surgery
We offer exercise along with education on your lung disease to help improve your quality of life. Our respiratory therapist and nurse practitioner are here to provide the best care to all of our patients. They are also available to answer any questions family members may have regarding the care of their loved one.
Our education program includes:
- Proper medication and inhaler delivery
- Understanding the use of oxygen
- Proper Diet and nutrition
- Importance of exercise
- Breathing techniques
- Understanding and managing your lung disease
- Understanding signs and symptoms to decrease hospitalization
Although pulmonary rehabilitation cannot cure your lung disease, it can be of great benefit to you. Most patients notice improved breathing with less SOB after starting the program.